Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thoughts about Persona

We have been disecting Persona in class and I am not one to speak up so I thought that I would voice some comments here.

On Friday we discussed the scene in which Elisabet talks and the nurse simply repeats what Elisabet said and goes to bed. I agree with the idea that the reason that the nurse ignored what Elisabet said was becuase she simply believed it was not Elisabet who spoke but instead believed it was just her own thoughts. I think that because it was so faint and Elisabet does not talk the nurse could concieve of no other reason for what she heard other than she simply heard her own thoughts.

Another scene that we watched in class involved the nurse talking with Elisabet's husband as if she was Elisabet. It was a bit confusing because I could not determine what was trying to be presented in this scene. I decided that the scene was in Elisabet's head, she was envisioning what the scene would be if it happened but with the nurse as Elisabet. That is why she has the nurse touch her husbands face and when they are in bed why she says that she is vile. It is a bit of a confusing scene but I feel like this scene was a struggle between what Elisabet wishes would happen and what would happen if she were to interact with her husband. Both the good and the bad, meaning she would tell him that she lives off his tenderness but that she would also break down and have to admit that at times she is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment