Friday, March 18, 2011

Back to The Birds

So I was thinking back to The Birds and I noticed something that I'm not sure if anybody talked about in class or not. If we did mention it, oops.

We mainly talk about the double in film, or perhaps the role of the double is such a recurring theme in film it's almost inevitable to pick up on it. But one of the things I noticed is that Melanie and Lydia in the film look alike physically but different by age. These two links should remind you of what they look like.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Tarkyhitch/br4.jpg

http://franklin.davidson.edu/academic/music/public/nelerner/gaparriott/mom.jpg

I didn't catch up on this earlier, and I can't remember if we talked about it class. And I'm wondering if Hitchcock did this on purpose with the hair style, eyes, and everything.

What do you think he was trying to say in doing this? Are they doubles in the film? And in what way?

Again, something to think about...again.


Olga Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment