Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Hours

The hours was an intriguing film that I was having difficulty linking together until the end of the film when everything all fell into place.

I wanted to discuss suicide in The Hours. In paticular I found it interesting that the film ended with the mother not killing herself. I was completely surprised that she was still alive. I was even more surprised to learn that she had simply left and thats how she survived. My first thoughts when I saw that she was still alive were that she just did not have it in her to kill herself and that is why her son killed himself in the end. He did what she could never do. But to learn that she had simply left was even more sad for me because it made me feel that her son ended up killing himself because he was unwanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment